(Bedrock Dreams will be re-starting soon.)
The News You've Been Waiting For
Yep, it's the news many of you have been waiting for. I'll be re-starting Bedrock Dreams soon, perhaps by the end of the week just in time for the New Year (2015). I'll be totally truthful with you (as I've always been) and say that I still have qualms about getting the blog rolling again.
I won't go into all the factors involved, but I'm going to give things another go and see what transpires. After all, I'm a gold miner and push come to shove...miners aren't quitters. I love all things mining and I'm going to try and put that love back into Bedrock Dreams, regardless of the slings and arrows that this life throws my way. That pretty much tells the tale.
However, there are a few guidelines that you should be aware of concerning the re-start:
1) I will be writing fewer posts than I did prior to shutting down, but here's the good news. The posts I do write will be longer and more developed than many of those found in the existing Bedrock Dreams Archives. That said, you can expect the same no BS, down-to-earth writing approach I've always taken here. Old habits die hard, don't you know?
2) Speaking of the Archives, all posts contained therein will be unavailable for free access EXCEPT the previous year's Archives. That means you'll still have free access to the 2014 Archives but the Archive years from 2008-2013 will remain off limits until I find a reasonable and efficient means of turning them into a "pay for access" "or purchase venue. I'm not exactly sure how I will do that at this point, but it's something I'll be working on as time moves forward. Speaking bluntly here, I've worked too damn hard over the years to provide you with valuable gold prospecting and mining information and my own expertise and experience to give it all away like EBT cards at the local welfare office. (If you don't agree, well...there are other prospecting and mining sites online. That's the long and short of it.)
3) I will no longer be commenting on your comments at the bottom of new posts. That's sort of self-defeating in my book because reader comments are exactly that. They're your chance to speak your mind, offer suggestions, or make critiques without interference or additional comment from me. As always, I reserve the right to accept or reject any reader comments submitted for publishing in Bedrock Dreams. While I'm on this subject, here's a little piece of advice for all you Slick Willies out there who try to slide your spam-based comments with links to your shitty websites through my cynical comment filter. I'm not stupid. You might as well dump your crap somewhere else because it ain't gonna work here. Got it?
4) Any mining related questions should be addressed to me personally via my Yahoo e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please DO NOT use the post Comments Section to ask me questions. The Comments Section is for reader comments only, not questions or queries. Once again, I won't be responding to any comments so it's an exercise in futility for you to ask me questions there. Use the brain the Good Lord gave you and send your questions to my e-mail, OK?
5) While we're on this topic, let me say I've always endeavored to answer your e-mails promptly and courteously in the past and will continue to do so. But please bear in mind I have a regular job to work, a family to feed, bills to pay, and all the other little life contingencies that most (if not all) of you have. I'll always answer your e-mails as soon as I can, but moving forward you can expect delayed responses from me. Additionally, be advised that I don't look too kindly on folks who push things to extremes in terms of information requests...just so's you know.
6) Now I come to the phone call thing. Over the years many of you have asked to contact me via phone or cell or have me phone you so I can share my expertise or give mining and prospecting advice and tips. As a rule of thumb I don't do this except in rare circumstances or with a small circle of friends. After all, time is money and my time is valuable. In the future those of you requesting personal phone contact and mining advice will have to make a monetary donation (per EACH phone contact request) using the blog's Donation Section button before I'll speak with you over the phone about mining-related issues. You can get the details on phone consultations by e-mailing me at email@example.com
Those are the new guidelines my friends.
As always, I'm here for the greenest newbie as well as the hardest, hard-core sourdoughs among you. Let's work together to make things happen. On my end, I'll do my damnedest to keep Bedrock Dreams alive (as long as I'm able to roll myself in front of the computer and type, that is).
Best to you all.
(c) Jim Rocha (J.R.) 2014