Thursday, March 3, 2011

Take Heart and Keep the Faith



Shucky Darn and Slap Me Silly

I’ve been around the proverbial block when it comes to small-scale gold mining so I know what I’m talking about 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time I can be just as mystified by a certain aspect of mining as you are. Maybe more so, who knows?

You’ve already heard me rant and rave more than once here in “Bedrock Dreams” about how difficult small-scale or recreational gold mining can be, how much work is involved, and how small the monetary rewards are most of the time. Shucky darn and slap me silly…obstacles, obstacles, and more obstacles.

You WILL Become Successful

Yet I’ll tell you right here and now that any obstacle or impediment to success (however you may define it) can be overcome. If you really are interested in gold mining (and I’ll assume that’s why you’re here reading this) and in becoming successful at it, then by virtue of that very fact you WILL become successful at it eventually. It’s sort of like one of those self-fulfilling prophecies you hear about.

Tips for Smart Miners

Oh sure, there is much to learn along the way, both theoretically (so-called “book learnin’) and experientially (being out there and getting wet, muddy, and tired). Then we all have the constant pull of jobs, family, and finances to contend with, not to mention the various and sundry nut cases and whack jobs we come into contact with at work, on the road, or in public places.

Be the Master (or Mistress) of Your Own Destiny

That’s why mining can be so much fun…you can get the hell away from all that, breathe some fresh air for a change, and be the master (or mistress) of your own destiny for a bit. What’s not to like, right?

The added bonus is that your mining hobby or avocation, unlike most others, can pay your capital outlay and expenses down over time. After all, gold is gold…and even a small amount can be worth a lot of money these days. On the flipside, most other hobbies or leisure time activities just cost you money…period.

Gold Will Come Your Way

So what is my overall point here? My point is this: if you take heart and keep the faith all will be well in the end. Stay positive, remain motivated, learn all that you can, and gold will come your way (both literally and figuratively speaking).

Wolverine Boots
Dickies Work Clothes

I’m here to help you, not to be some blowhard or self-proclaimed “expert” lecturing you or talking down to you. The times we live in are definitely tough…but isn’t that when the “tough get going?”

Take heart and keep the faith…

If you liked this post, you may want to read: “Gold Mining Questions and Answers: Part 19”


© J.R. 2011

Questions? E-mail me at jr872vt90@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment